This position has now been filled.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a workshop based technician to operate from our purpose built premises in South Kirkby, Pontefract, West Yorkshire.
This full time/permanent role is a ‘hands-on engineering’ position that will involve the assembly of new truck mounted access platforms which are imported from Italy. The role will involve the marriage of the new platform directly onto a new truck, securing all nuts and bolts, making the hydraulic connections, connecting the electrics and thoroughly testing the equipment on completion of assembly.
Our ideal candidate will have their own tools other than specialist instruments and lifting gear which the company will provide. They will have the engineering skills, experience and confidence to complete the tasks to a high quality standard at reasonable timescales. Full training will be given along with an instruction manual to follow beyond the training.
Key Skills Required
- Mechanical skills and knowledge although specific on the job training will be given
- Communication skills, to communicate clearly and effectively with the manager
- Health and safety, General health & safety awareness
- A basic engineering related qualification, for example C&G or NVQ
- Full driving license
- Engineering – Mounting work platforms to new vehicles
- Health & Safety – To ensure all work is performed in a safe manner
- Workshop – To ensure your own workspace is tidy and organised
- Quality control – To ensure high-quality work throughout each project
- Administration – To ensure all documents and job cards are updated daily
- Test of machines – You will need a head for heights to perform the final testing
Hours of Work & Pay
- Full time (Monday to Friday, 8am until 5:30 pm) with 30 days annual leave
- Remuneration – £30K per annum plus incentive bonuses up to an additional £2000 per annum (paid monthly if on target)
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Bonus incentive scheme
Flexible Language Requirement
- English not required
The company will issue COVID PPE and COVID testing kits as and when required by government legislation or deemed sensible by the company.
Production Assembly TechnicianCareers